Re: KDE 4...

On Thursday 15 May 2008 18:10, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Michal Janda <diskuse <at> jndm.net> writes:
> > I have feeling that Fedora do not care about KDE users
>
> We do care, that's why we offer you the latest and greatest KDE. There are
> some great things in KDE 4.0 already and there will be more great things
> (and less breakage) in KDE 4.1, which we're planning to push as an update
> once it is released. (I really hope this will work out, it will be a big
> improvement.)
>
> Upgrading Fedora 9 from 3.5 to 4.1 post release wouldn't have been feasible
> (way too big a change), so the only way to get a chance to offer you 4.1 as
> soon as possible was to release it with 4.0. As for 4.0 itself, we did all
> we could to make it a nice user experience and still do (we're working on a
> set of updates upgrading it to the latest upstream release 4.0.4 and adding
> some patches to fix some of the reported bugs).

As I said elsewhere, the improvements over the last few weeks have been
enormous.  If it hadn't developed from when I first saw it I'd be worried,
but at the pace of improvement I'm seeing I'm very happy.  I can live with
short-term inconveniences if I know for certain that they will disappear
soon :-)

Anne