Re: Fedora 8.0 Installation problems

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 21:48 -0400, max wrote:
>> Robert Cox wrote:
>> >
>> >   I need to reiterate that when I boot from my fedora DVD initially, it appears like it loads my drivers OK as soon as it boots. This usually takes 2-3 minutes. It then asks me for my languages. Then I chose the CD installation method. At this point it says that my device driver cannot be found, and gives me a number of different drivers to choose from including several different types of SCSI. I am just not sure which one I should use for the install.  It will not let me go beyond this step.  Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
>> >
>> Device driver for what device?, i seem to have missed that part
>> somehow(scratches head), list the options it gives you , this may
>> provide a better clue to which device driver you are talking
>> about(presumably the harddrive?I hate assuming but i will if i have too
>> :) You might also try just randomly picking one of the available
>> choices, assuming you have good backups of everything, I don't think it
>> would hose anything since if you pick the wrong one it shouldn't work at
>> all, sometimes you gotta just stick your neck out....but keep good
>> backups , just in case.
>
> He's not finding his CD/DVD device. But, you're right, sometimes
> trouble-shooting with a shotgun has it's merits! He just may have to go
> the route you suggested. :) Ric

I guess I should have known it was the cd/dvd drive but the disc
booted so i figured that was working well enough. What kind of cd/dvd
device is it? That would be good to know or did he mention that
somewhere? My mind is as scattered as my earthly possessions are right
now, at least being in the middle of moving gives me a good excuse for
once : )

Max

Max