f9 installation crash

I tried hard drive and NFS installs of f9 and had them both
crash soon after selecting the install method.  I didn't write
down everything, but some of the errors looks like this:

Invalid object path '/org/freedesktop/Hal ...
<snip>
install exited abnormally [1/1]
<snip>

And then a message something like:

You may now safely shutdown your system.

In the end I used the live CD to install to disk and then yum
installed everything that I needed instead of doing the
normal installation that allows you to select packages.

        Dave