Re: What to use for pirut??

Tom Horsley wrote:

Yea, but if package kit can really only install a single
package, and you have to run it a second time to install
another, that decision is inexplicable (I haven't tried it,
I'm just going by a report in the other thread).

Using it might make it easier to understand. PackageKit works across multiple backends (different package managers like yum, apt and so on) and UI is fire and forget. You can queue tasks without locking the UI. PackageKit in Fedora 9 is not the latest revision since it was frozen a while back. The latest version has many changes and when that gets pushed out in a couple of weeks time to Fedora 9, it would be much better.

Rahul