Re: FC9 and KDE sound issues

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 14:52 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
While I normally run GNOME, I did want to try KDE under the latest beta to see if there were any issues. Unfortunately there are two, the first is that if you select KFE one, for trial, it becomes your default environment forever

What do you mean "it remains your default environment forever"? I've
switched back and forth several times in the past couple of weeksm using
the Session menu on the login screen. I'm using kdm (maybe gdm is
different). Also, you can edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop if you want to
change between kdm and gdm.

Just that, once you change you no longer get a pop-up asking if you want to change your default, it just does. And if going into KDE hangs you in a loop, you then use several "technical terms" you wouldn't want kids to hear, and go back to square one until you remember to change it back. If there's an easy way to start in another WM "just once" I haven't found it, a manual reset seems needed.

A minor issue, having KDE loop on sound is important, taking away the easy way to boot a WM just once is an annoyance.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>