Re: Problems with iwl4965 wireless

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Mail Lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> John W. Linville wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 08:19:56PM -0400, Mail Lists wrote:
>>

>>        http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=47941
>>
>> Hth!
>>
>> John
>>

>   Unfortunately i have a laptop with a new nvidia graphics chip that the nv
> driver does not have a clue about - so I have to use the nvidia driver -
>  any idea when these might roll into mainline ?

Stop using livna rpms for nvidia. Install the freshrpms nvidia
framework and the Fedora dkms package.  That will rebuild the kernel
module for you when you restart a new kernel. I installed that about 2
months ago on 2 machines and it has worked perfectly through 2 kernel
updates.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson