Re: upgrade from fedora core 6 to 9

Mike Burger wrote:
On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 12:48:56 -0400,
  max bianco <maximilianbianco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you see any major issues with SELinux when doing these upgrades? By
major issues I mean something that can't be fixed by relabeling the
filesystem. I upgraded from 7 to 8 and all went well but I know
someone recently had an issue with SELinux going from FC5 to F9(if I
remember correctly)the issue was resolved but apparently it was not
obvious that SELinux was the problem.
I just had one going from FC5 to F9 that will probably hit you as well.
The merge of strict and targeted policies changed some things and weren't
handled when doing a yum upgrade directly from FC5 to F9. What happens
is that the login to selinux user mapping and the mappings from selinux
users to such things as prefix, mls default, mls/mcs access and selinux
roles isn't correct. If you have done any local customization in that
area you can just look at what it is on a fresh F9 system and use semanage
to add the new selinux users and correct the mappings.

Makes me glad, more and more, that I turned off selinux.

Me too!!!! So that when something finally does bite you in the a$$ you can blame yourself and not Fedora. ;-)

--

  David