Re: Problems with iwl4965 wireless

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 07:23 -0400, Mail Lists wrote:
> neither NetworkManager nor NetworkManagerDispatecher service were ever
> running. I have found them to be not useful (yet) for my environment
> (changes between wireless and wired with static).
>
>        nm-applet was started by kde - and runs as the logged in user -
> it did not show in system tray or anywhere else far as I can tell but
> magically starts each time I login.

Even if the applet was started, without the NetworkManager service
running, it should do nothing.  But you still should be able to stop it
starting, at all, if you want to.

It's yonks since I've used KDE, but you'd have to look through your KDE
preferences to find programs started during your login session.  In
Gnome, we have a "gnome-sessions-properties" preference, but I suspect
that KDE uses its own.

If you can't find this yourself, I'd suggest starting a new thread about
how to control programs started when you login to a KDE session.  You
might catch the attention of a KDE user who's not watching a wireless
LAN thread.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, all using Gnome
 in case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.