Saving or converting HTML online form as a .pdf or .txt file

I'm trying to get birth certificates for my children, using forms on the
Internet. One was ok. I filled in the form online, with a question about
payment, as I'm in France, and the children were born in the UK. They then
sent back a .pdf of the filled in form requesting the birth certificate,
which I can send by snail mail with the money.

For my other child the form for requesting a birth certificate was an HTML
one. I could print it off ok, but my handwriting is getting a bit shaky, and
didn't want any misreading of the address to send the birth certificate to.

I've never messed with HTML before, but opened OO on fc2 (which is quite
ancient, version-1.1.3) , opened the HTML page, which I'd saved to disk, and
was able to add the requested info to the form. I then saved it as HTML, and
printed it off again. Printing the page from the website gave me 2 pages. the
first was the request for a birth certificate, and the 2nd, just a few lines
saying "Print out this form", and where to send the money.

After opening the page in OO, and adding the requested info, loads of lines
were added, and now when printing out the saved as HTML document, I end up
with 3 pages, 2 1/4 of which contain the original single page for the
certificate request form.

Now I'm not into directly editing the HTML, and adding the required info, but
may have a go, just for experience, but is there a way to save an HTML form
to disk, and then convert it to a .pdf, which I can deal with using pdfedit.

I tried saving the HTML file when opened in OO as a .txt file, but that's a no
go. The info is there, but the layout of the form is lost.

When I print the document from the website, it prints correctly, and perhaps
I'm losing the plot here, but is there a way to, instead of sending the
document to the printer, and getting a hard copy, I can somehow print the
doc, and save it on the harddrive? This way I could then add the requested
info to the doc, and then print it out on my printer.

This is all a bit academic, but would be nice to get some feedback.

Thanks for any replies. Dealing with bureaucracy and old age is a bit of a
nightmare.

Nigel.