Re: HELP!!!!! FC7 server won't boot - library problems

On Sunday 04 May 2008 14:56, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
>
> > /sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: no such file or directory
> > Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempting to kill init!
> >
> > At this point it hangs.  If I boot into recovery mode using the DVD I can
> > use lvm to access the volumes, but chroot fails because it cannot start
> > /bin/sh on the chrooted fs for the same reason.
>
> In recovery mode, can you check /mnt/sysimage/lib if there's
> a libc.so.6 symlink?
>
> On F8, it is a symlink to libc-2.7.so
>
> Mogens

The symlink wasn't there so I re-created it. It then complained about another
lib and then another and another.

Even though fsck didn't report anything, I think the fs may be corrupt.

I've managed to revert to the older server that this new one had only just
replaced. I'm not going to rebuild from scratch as I think this is the only
way be be 100% certain it's right.  (I'm going to soak test the drive first)

Thanks everyone for their help.

--
Gary Stainburn