Fedora Unity releases Fedora 8 Updated Re-Spin

The Fedora Unity Project is proud to announce the release of new ISO Re-Spins (DVD and CD Sets) of Fedora 8.

These Re-Spin ISOs are based on the officially released Fedora 8 installation media and include all updates released as of May 1st, 2008. The ISO images are available for i386, x86_64 and PPC architectures via Jigdo and Torrent starting Monday, May 5th, 2008.

Go to http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins to get the bits!

== CD Media Included ==

We have included CD Image sets for those in the Fedora community that do not have DVD drives or burners available.

== Bugs solved in this Re-Spin ==

With this particular Re-Spin, fixes for the following bugs are included, like on our last Fedora 8 Re-Spin releases[1,2]:

- #372011, "depsolve hang in F7 to F8 upgrade"
We have incorporated the updates image made by Jeremy Katz (comment #11 in the bug), and we have verified that a full Fedora 7 installation upgrades to Fedora 8 without issues.

- #367731, "anaconda fails on Via VPSD motherboard"
On i586 hardware, the installation media wouldn't boot and thus renders itself unusable. We have backported the fix for this issue from anaconda development to the Fedora 8 stock anaconda, as anaconda is not updated during a release.

- #369611, "yum upgrade with selinux-policy-strict installed fails"
A dependency problem in selinux-policy-strict during upgrades is resolved in an updated selinux-policy-strict package, which is included in the Re-Spin

- #404601, "anaconda crashes on 'cdrom' line in kickstart"
Updates to pykickstart incorporated in the rebuilt installer resolve this issue.

- #420281, Cannot find kickstart file during unattended installation
The kickstart file name searched for after booting from CD or DVD with option "linux ks" and using a dhcp and nfs server is wrong.

== Attention: Changes in this Re-Spin ==

Also, we would like to let you know that NetworkManager is now installed by default, and for people doing minimal installations; this service will need to be disabled before the network starts to work.

== Thanks to ==

We would like to give a special thanks to the following for testing this Re-Spin:

- Harley-D               Dana Hoffman Jr
- zcat                   Jason Farrell
- iWolf                  Jeffrey Tadlock
- vwbusguy-              Scott Williams
- baard1973              S.A. Hartsuiker
- Southern_Gentleman     Ben Williams
- nirik                  Kevin Fenzi
- kanarip                Jeroen van Meeuwen

== Testing Results ==

A full test matrix can be found at http://spins.fedoraunity.org/Members/Southern_Gentleman/20080501f8testmatrix

A full list of bugs, packages and changelogs that have been updated in this Re-Spin can be reviewed on http://spins.fedoraunity.org/changelogs/20080501/

== Previous Re-Spin (20080331) will expire ==

Due to limited resources, this spin will immediately obsolete 20080331, which will be deleted from our mirrors in the next few days.

Fedora Unity has taken up the Re-Spin task to provide the community with the chance to install Fedora with recent updates already included. These updates might otherwise comprise more than 1.33GiB of downloads for a full install.

This is a community project, for and by the community. You can contribute to the community by joining our test process.

Go to http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins to get the bits!

If you are interested in helping with the testing or mirroring efforts, please contact the Fedora Unity team. Contact information is available at http://fedoraunity.org/ or the #fedora-unity channel on the Freenode IRC Network (irc.freenode.net).
To report bugs in the Re-Spins please use http://bugs.fedoraunity.org/

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip