Re: Too many mails from mailing list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emynn.H <emynnx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2008/5/5
To: g <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

From: "g" <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 2:46 AM
To: <emynnx@xxxxxxxxx>; "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Emynn.H wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if I could still post to the list while setting "mail
> > delivery" option disable. I'm fed up with the mail-storm. They just mess
> > up my mail-box. If that won't work, are there any other workarounds?
> >

> emynn,
> there have been some good suggestions about what to do, yet you seem to be
> a little lacking in responce. tho you might reply just after i send this.

Thanks for all the suggestions and I'm so sorry for not making a
response. Actually I solved my problem after receiving the first mail.
Instead of disabling delivery I enabled daily digest and set a mail
filter. Every thing now goes well. I've read mailing list guidelines
and know it's polite to reply [solved]. But I think that's optional
since I haven't seen [solved] in other threads. Next time I'll try to
be more polite.

> would you happen to be a spammer looking for answers to how folks eliminate
> such spam, so you can get back to spamming?
>
> this is not to be offensive, just curios.
>
> regardless of what you do regarding receiving this list, you are still going
> to receive spam. it is a fact of life that people have to learn to live with
> when they have an email account and use it.
>
> you say 'mail-storm', yet you do not define how you are being stormed.
>
> you say 'they just  mess up my mail-box', yet you do not say how it is
> being messed up.

Err...I once got about 40 mails a day. And at that time I was not
using evolution or any other mail client. Instead I was reading mails
on web. And I don't realized the filter can help me. It was really a
nightmare( sorry if you don't like this word). That's quite a long
list. I had even unsubscribed this list because of this.( That's why I
post for help)

> if you want better answers [and nothing wrong with what i have seen] to your
> post, it might be more helpful to be more definitive.
>
> years back when i first got on internet, i used netscape 1.3 and with in
> 4 days, i was receiving 8 mailing list, plus email from friends without
> any problems.
>
> as for spam, well yes, plenty of it, but i did not 'see' any of it in my
> inbox as i set up filters to run tight. when 'spambox' filled to a point,
> i emptied it.
>
> so, being that this is a new post from you, i ask again, and still without
> offense meant, are you a 'newbie' or a spammer?

Ah...last question: I'm a newbie although I was unconsciously to be a
spammer, and thank you for you mail. Hope to get more helps from you.