Re: Slow propagation of updates to mirrors?

On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 12:24 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> Just to throw my hat in on this one, sometimes this can be expedited
> by issuing a 'yum clean all', followed by 'yum update'.

I'll throw my hat in and say, don't do a yum clean all unless you don't
mind erasing *everything* that yum has cached.  People offering that
advice should really make that clear.  Erasing many megabytes of RPM
packages that a user might want again is a pain.  Conversely, erasing
many megabytes of files that you don't want again frees up drive space,
which may have been the original problem (for some people).

Doing yum clean metadata should be sufficient, it just wipes out the
much smaller amount of data stored about what's available on the repos.

I read messages from the public lists.