Re: Slow propagation of updates to mirrors?

On Sun, 4 May 2008, Brian Morrison wrote:

On Sun, 4 May 2008 12:24:27 -0400 (EDT)
Max Pyziur <pyz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How does one get that fixed? I've seen at least 5 occasions where
updates notified have taken 3, 4 or more days to appear when running a
yum update.

Just to throw my hat in on this one, sometimes this can be expedited by
issuing a 'yum clean all', followed by 'yum update'. In this way, you
force yum to retrieve (hopefully) newer header/info files with more recent
updates.

Tried that already, the files are not there on the mirrors, therefore
no amount of trying to get the metadata updated will help.

Something has been expanding the list of mirrors into my repo files,
putting a long list of sites after baseurl, and commenting the
mirrors line.  Unless it updates that list, it could be trying to
use sites that aren't getting updates.

--
George N. White III  <aa056@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>