Re: Shoutcast player

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone got a reco on a good shoutcast player that can enumerate all the
>  stations (xmms cant?) and show bitrates (BMPx does, but its way to unstable).
>  I am using Amarok, but it doesn't show the bitrates or what song is currently
>  playing on the various playlists so one could make a selection, it just shows whats queued once a stream is playing.

I usually install Amarok right off the bat, but this time around
(Hardy) I gave Rhythmbox another try - I quickly discovered that the
station browsing is quite limited.  So, I installed streamtuner
(apt-get) and edited the preferences to play streams in rhythmbox.
This is a little funky - the name of the station is lost in rhythmbox,
but at least the interface in streamtuner is pretty snappy.. I'll
probably try to hook streamtuner up to amarok later and see what
happens.

Chris