Re: Using mencoder, dvdauthor and burning a DVD iso - what went wrong in the process ?

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 15:13 +0300, Mark Ryden wrote:
> The result is that I have to make many attemps to try to insert the
> media inside the DVD and wait. After many such attempts is start
> correctly.
>
> This happened to me with more than one media. However, I must say that
> the DVD itslef is brand new and from good quality and it plays DVD
> without any problem.

If it plays pressed discs, e.g. professionally produced movies, that's
no indicator that it'll play burnt discs as well.  They're quite
different, from each other.

I'd be suspicious of these things, mainly:

The discs not being as good as you think, or simply compatibility
problems between your discs, DVD burners and players.

Burning the discs too fast.  Some will advise not to go past four times
speed, for best compatibility.

Your DVD player doesn't like reading burnt discs.  If it doesn't
outright state that it can read DVD-R or DVD+R discs, then don't expect
it to.

I read messages from the public lists.