Re: sysadmin probs; help needed

Tom Poe wrote:

I suppose I would boot the rescue CD and change the password of root and your user account to something new. I would also bring up winecfg and remove the installed application.

Well, it's not installed, it was aborted when the install froze. Maybe I could disable wine, since I don't need it, do I? I've never used it, that I know of. Never plan to, either. Is it difficult to remove wine?

I don't have wine on any of my fedora boxes as I've never really had a use for it either...but it isn't hard to remove most things....

You could do it from the graphical installer.... For me it is easier to do "rpm -qa | grep wine" and "rpm -e" those.