Re: Slow propagation of updates to mirrors?

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 01:28:21AM +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Sat, 3 May 2008 19:19:03 -0500
> Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Yes, I've noticed that. I looked at several mirrors earlier in the UK
> > > and US and none of them had any of these updates.
> >
> > Then it's unlikely that the packages made it out of bodhi and to the
> > master mirror for all the other mirrors to pick up.
>
> How does one get that fixed? I've seen at least 5 occasions where
> updates notified have taken 3, 4 or more days to appear when running a
> yum update.

That's a slightly different problem, one which has been discussed
recently on fedora-devel-list.  Short story seems to be that the email
is generated prematurely, when the package is approved to be pushed in
bodhi, but before it is actually signed and pushed to the mirrors.
This final sign-and-push is done by a human, and the humans involved
have been pretty busy trying to fix the Fedora 9 release blocker bugs.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux