Re: Slow propagation of updates to mirrors?

On Sat, 3 May 2008 15:34:18 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you see them at  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/  ?

Yes, some of them are at:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F7/security

and the rest seem to be at:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F7/?updates_tgp_no=2&updates_tgp_limit=20

> Which 49 updates do you refer to?

These were notified on the package announcement list on 28th April
timed at 21:48 to 22:01, I can get a list if you really need it.

> I find this very important. Not that previously released updates
> get lost by accident.

Yes, I usually see this with F7 but on one occasionally recently the F7
updates appeared and the equivalent F8 updates took several days to
appear.

> > I'd obviously like to get security fixes applied ASAP, and currently
> > it's not easy to do so.
>
> All I know is that several mirrors take some time before they fetch
> new updates. They don't seem to sync daily.

Yes, I've noticed that. I looked at several mirrors earlier in the UK
and US and none of them had any of these updates.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."