Re: Slow propagation of updates to mirrors?

On Sat, 3 May 2008 11:14:11 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

> On Sat, 03 May 2008 09:18:21 +0000
> g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Brian Morrison wrote:
> > > Many times recently I've noticed that updates that are announced do not
> > > reach the mirrors for many days.
> > >
> > > This is particularly a problem with F7. Does anyone know what is
> > > happening regarding these delays?
> > >
> > > As an example, there are 49 F7 updates showing in my package-announce
> > > folder, none of them can be found on the mirrors AFAICS.

Do you see them at  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/  ?
Which 49 updates do you refer to?

I find this very important. Not that previously released updates
get lost by accident.

> > not sure about f7, but there has been some coverage about f9.

F9 is special, because it is not released yet and frozen, too. There is no
updates/9 directory on the master server, but updates are pending in the
updates system already. Due to the freeze, only few important updates are
pushed to rawhide. The pending F9 updates will appear in testing/stable
updates when F9 will be released.

> > may be that they are slow because f7 will be fazed out soon.
> >

> This has been happening for quite a long time, several months at least.
>
> I'd obviously like to get security fixes applied ASAP, and currently
> it's not easy to do so.

All I know is that several mirrors take some time before they fetch
new updates. They don't seem to sync daily.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.20 1.44 1.50