Re: how to connect to wireless access point....

Mike Chalmers wrote:
Is it in the start menu? I found the /usr/bim/nm-applet. But I am
 wondering if it can be accessed through the start menu? For instance
 can I go to "utilities" in the start menu and access it from there?

 So my question is where would it be in the start menu? Thanks Kevin.

No, I don't think it is there. At least my laptop came with nm-applet being run in the start-up programs part of the session manager.

Simply put, how do I open Network Manager?

In order to use NetworkManager, you need to start the NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher services. Use "chkconfig --list NetworkManager" and "chkconfig --list NetworkManagerDisplatcher" to see if they are properly installed and started. If they are, then all you need to do is run nm-applet in your X11 session and the applet should appear in your system notification part of your taskbar. Then all you need to do is click on it to see what wireless networks it finds, and select one of them to connect to.

Clear as mud yet?

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx