Re: Integrated bluetooth on Toshiba laptop wont work

I have Toshiba Satellite A200-1MY, and I had the same problem with Fedora 8.
I tried something that really switched the bluetooth device on and this was really strange, I Restarted my Laptop, logged in to windows vista(Shipped with the laptop) and I turned of the Bluetooth Radio ON, using the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, a program came with the windows developed by toshiba.

When I returned back to Fedora, I could see the bluetooth device on and I could transfer files.

When I tried

	# hciconfig down hci0 and went back to Windows, I found the radio still turned on, so it seems that in Toshiba Laptops the Radio has to be turned on using the software shipped with the laptop!

I dun like this solution at all, I'm searching for a way to start the Radio using fedora and I can't find one.

Any Solution?! :)

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=261490&topic_id=50300&forum=10#forumpost261490
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame bingorabbit@xxxxxxxxxx