Re: Remote Desktop on FC8

Mark Haney wrote:

I know I can log in (locally) to my FC8 system, and enable the remote desktop, walk to another machine and use vnc to pull it up. However, how can I make it so it's done automatically without me having to manually do it each time (and it remains persistent across reboots as well). Basically this will be a headless machine, and I'll be using vnc elsewhere to access it's desktop.

Um, just for giggles, why not just export X over SSH? Is there a reason that won't work for you?

It's generally annoying to have your session killed when your connection breaks for any reason. Someone else suggested vncserver which will work but I'd recommend freenx with the NX client on the other end. Either of these will let you reconnect to running sessions. Also note that these approaches aren't the same as desktop sharing since they run in different sessions than the console but that's not likely to matter on a headless box.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx