RE: Why Restart & Shutdown Buttons on login screen

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 10:38 +0530, "Rahul Tidke" wrote:

> > This thread has generated several questions. Let me see if I can
> > answer a couple of them.
> >
> > How do you stop Shutdown, Reboot, etc from being displayed at the
> > login screen:
> >
> > You can configure GDM (or the Display Manager of your choice) to
> > display what you want. For GDM, you would look in /usr/share/gdm. I
> > believe you would edit the defaults.conf file. You can use gdmsetup
> > to control some of these things, but editing the setup file gives
> > you finer control. You also have the option of choosing a theme that
> > does not include them.

I guess I am confused. I can not find an option
in /usr/share/gdm/defaults.conf or in gdmsetup which controls the
display of restart and shutdown in the login screen. I am having trouble
finding the line that causes Face browser to show up.

Could you clarify?