Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:24 PM, gene horodecki <geneh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have Ubuntu installed on my main home PC + a thinkpad T42 laptop, and
>  Fedora installed on another Thinkpad T42 laptop.  I have to say, I wish
>  I'd installed Fedora on my main PC as well.  Fedora feels much more
>  stable and robust to me then Ubuntu does.  I think a lot of people like
>  Ubuntu because they like Synaptec package manager.  I've installed Yumex
>  on Fedora and it does the exact same thing.
>

>  On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 23:13 -0400, max bianco wrote:
>

> > I am as guilty as anyone of breaking the rules, its just fun to do
>  > sometimes. I haven't been on this list very long but  I try to do as
>  > the romans do, in anycase lets do as the romans suggest and get back
>  > on topic.
>  >
>  > Someone said that ubuntu was better or apparently better than Fedora.
>  > I asked how and no one answered me. Now I am not saying that anyone
>  > must answer me, but if someone can tell me that would be great because
>  > i think i was the only one to question this statement, which implies
>  > that everyone else agrees with it, which of course makes me wonder why
>  > all of you use Fedora instead of ubuntu, or do you actually use
>  > Fedora?

I maybe should point out my sig... my desktop is still on F7... not
because I don't trust F8, just haven't had any time...

On the plus side my desktop is inside my home LAN, and has no
noticeable bit rot.. so it serves my needs perfectly.

If someone would like to sponsor a poor college student a new mobo +
cpu dual core combo... i would happily accept it though.

( www.pembo13.com )