Re: Why Restart & Shutdown Buttons on login screen

"Rahul Tidke" wrote:
Hello All,
  I wonder about these buttons on gnome desktop; do we really need these
buttons on login screen? Reboot and shutdown allowed before login for any
user??

Thank You.

Regards
Technical Support
Excelize Software Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.excelize.com

Having additional options there come in handy for some purposes. They do not inhibit usage but give additional functionality.

The newer version of gdm even has a clock in it. I wondered what usefulness for a clock when you only briefly are at login. I would not fight to have it removed but wondered why it is there and moved on with logging in.

Jim

--
Justice always prevails ... three times out of seven!
		-- Michael J. Wagner