mounted device icons not appearing in F9 (rawhide)

I have what I believe is a fully updated rawhide F9 installation with NFS functioning.

I have entries in /etc/fstab and the "mount /mnt/foo" commands work as expected and data is accessible on the mounted drives (mounted from other systems on my internal home network).

The only issue I'm seeing is that the desktop icons are not appearing on the F9 system.

The mounts are being done by opening a new terminal and su'ing to root. In past release this caused the desktop icons to appear. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour? Any suggestions on where to investigate?

I was unsuccessful locating anything resembling this on Bugzilla.

~~R