Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Just to clarify, I don't disagree with Fedora's approach to the licensing and software patent issues at all.  In fact, I think it's quite admirable.  Just maybe not the best way to build user base for a distro that is ostensibly for "lazy" users.

I suspect the target users are not really the vast majority of potential users at all.  The more advanced users and administrators who can effectively diagnose problems and submit bug reports would seem much more amenable to Fedora's real strategy.  What a brilliant way to sustain a virtual army of qualified beta testers and push their business associates and cients towards the $$ lines.

The whole open source/upstream/patent debate is just a sideshow.  Brilliant.