Re: help: monitor power supply lines

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 21:41:43 +0000,
  yordy <ymedians@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi, there is any application for monitor x volt lines of my power supply? under windows i have a sw by intel that come with my motherboard. but under linux i don't know how to do that. any body know a application for that?
>
> [Processor Vccp] out of recommended interval.(0,000 V)
> [+3.3 Volts] out of recommended interval.(0,000 V)
> [+12 Volts] out of recommended interval.(0,000 V)

The lm_sensors package is likely what you want.
After installing it you want to run sensors_detect to find your hardware
and then sensors can be used to display the current values. I am not sure
if there is a tool that will regularly monitor theese values, keeping history
and warning you when values are out of range.

> many people say to me that this power supply is fine for the hw that i have, but, i need more that 430W?
>
> i need a sw for monitor power supply lines under linux to check this here again.

Make sure you test this under load. The computer will draw more power when
you are compiling things or the like as opposed to being mostly idle.