Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

That article ENTIRELY got it wrong. All RedHat said was they won't be
pushing Linux on the consumer desktop for some time. They make their
money from servers, and they are a company, so it's not in their best
interest to have a product they aren't profiting from.

They will continue to have Red Hat Enterprise Desktop as a product for
corporations, but no one is really making many right now trying to put
Linux on consumer desktops.

In the mean time, Red Hat and Novell are both financing most of the work
done on Gnome, Red Hat continues to finance the hosting for gnome.org
etc etc... so they are continuing to better the consumer desktop until a
time comes when they consider it a profitable undertaking.