Re: Install from copy of releases/8/Everything directory

On 20 Apr 2008 at 0:31, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to install Fedora from the "Everything" collection. I
> downloaded the copy of the whole
> fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything (subdirs & contents) from one
> of the mirror to an external hard drive.
>
> Now the question: how can install Fedora 8 using my mirror of
> Everything as the source?

You might want to check out Fedoraunity.org, I used that on two occassions.
You can use the original DVD to make an updated image. I created one with
the 0204 respin, and the later upgraded that to the 0331 respin.

Takes a while to figure out the jigdo process, but you end up with a new
DVD ISO. Put mine on one system, and then burned the boot cd from it.
Note: the boot cd must be the same as the DVD image or it doesn't work.
I generally use isomaster to extract the dvd image to a directory on my ftp
server so that I can do an install. After booting from the boot cd, I select ftp
option. After the 0331 image. Only had 19 updates right after, and then the
10 that came out recently.

The Files I currently have.
ftp://amd64gcc.dyndns.org/Fedora-Unity-20080331-8-i386-DVD.iso

That is the full updated ISO 3147M

ftp://amd64gcc.dyndns.org/pub/Fedora8_20080331/

That is the directory with the contents of the DVD that can be used to do the
ftp install.

ftp://amd64gcc.dyndns.org/pub/Fedora8_20080331/images/boot.iso

That is the boot cd image that would then work with this image.

I've recently done an installation of this for my networking class. Worked
well, and much faster than doing the original dvd install and then updates.

> Thanks!
>
> --
>                               (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
>     _____  _____  _____  _____
>    /____  /____/ /____/ /____
>   _____/ /      /    / _____/      http://www.arifsaha.com/
>
> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  mailto:msetzerii@xxxxxxxxx
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI 5,251,166.901479 | EINSTEIN 1,567,114.573060 | ROSETTA
477,522.416004