Re: Three out of Four Isn't Bad

Néstor wrote:
I have a situation where I have 36 Gigs of ram on a machine and I could only
see 4 Gigs
then I installed the PAE kernel and I can only see 24 Gigs.  I have a ticket
opened with
Red Hat to see what they recommend.

:-)

If that is a 64-bit capable machine, you should run 64-bit on it, you can run 32-bit userspace stuff, but if you run a 32-bit os with that kind of ram you run into all sorts of issues with the machine running out of the 800-900MB of lowmem and this causes fatal issues even those massive amounts of highmem are available. You will have enough issues with 32-bit and lots of ram to make it worth considering the 64-bit stuff.

                              Roger