Re: USB devices dissapear: HAL shuts down on it's own

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:09:51 -0600
Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello, Robin
I have had two Antec power supplies fail on me.  In both cases the
+5V rail was going low.  In one case it took out my DVD burner.

The MB voltage monitor didn't show any problems but my digital volt meter did. On further investigation, I found that many people had the same issues with Antec power supplies and even have a fix for the problem online.

I will continue to look online for this fix that you referred to, but I
have not found it as of yet.  Just in case, could you post a link to
the fix?

Thank you,
Steven P. Ulrick

It involved adding some trim pots and resistors to the various vsense lines to allow adjusting of the voltages back into spec.

I did a search for +antec +vsense and came across this.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t97195.html

Looks like it could be the one I printed.

This is almost my exact tale.
http://www.pjrc.com/about/rambling/antec.html
--
Robin Laing