Re: network gateway with a foreign IP address

Claude Jones wrote:

So far as your comment on my other request for specifics about why not to do this, your "why complicate...." remark, I work for someone who has an endless capacity for complication -- sometimes useful, sometimes painful, but, that's the metric. Simply telling him this would be too complicated is probably not going to get me too far.
I have run into people like that. You don't want to tell them it is too complicated. You want to tell them that you can also do it this way, and it would be less complicates and easier to maintain. Maybe explain that by doing it this way, you don't have to update the configuration if your public IP address changes. But this approach requires a boss that is willing to listen.

Mikkel