Webcam hardware/software advice for Fedora 8

I'm looking for a good compatible webcam for my Fedora 8 laptop.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good plug-and-play webcam?

I also want to use video chat software where the other end can run Windows. Any suggestions for that? Skype 2.0? Others?

My main priority is getting something working and I'm willing to mix non-free software and/or somewhat more expensive webcam hardware.

Thanks,
Bart