Re: Reinstall FC8

ramachandranc1@xxxxxxx <mailto:ramachandranc1@xxxxxxx>

How to reinstall Fc8 without losing home directory?
The first question is... Did you have the foresight to put /home on its own partition? That will affect the answer....

No.I don't have a separate partition for home.

You should keep your replies on the list as you will get more help when other participate.

You have several alternatives. The easiest would be to backup your home directory to an external disk. If that is not possible, you'd probably we best served by rearranging your disk to provide /home with its own partition prior to doing a reinstall.