Re: What's all the hype over Ubuntu?

Rex Dieter wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

OT: how can https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/ not have a
search box?

Sssh... you didn't hear this from me, but... (ok, you did, still)...
The fedora-infrastucture folks are working tirelessly to provide (something
like) that.  A sort of "My Fedora" portal, that can include all sorts of
customizable fedora'y content, including package info/updates, planet
blogs, bugzilla, and all sorts of other cool unspeakable hooks.

It seems surprising to me in this age of code-sharing that anyone still has to work tirelessly to re-invent a web server that provides the same services as a million other web servers. Isn't there something that is reusable and would work for any project?

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx