Re: What linux lacks most - a decent remote fs

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:09:09 -0400
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak" <mjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mmm... I dream of an easy-to-use remote fs with automagical local caching...

I dream of one that actually functions reliably. I can't believe
how widely used NFS is, because it is the source of endless problems
for me. I've never seen it work with any kind of reliability at all.
One thing I'll say for samba is that the data actually seems to show
up correctly on the other side :-).