Re: Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

Valent Turkovic wrote:
http://www.mjmwired.net/linux/2008/02/11/fedora-makes-a-terrible-server/

What is your experience ?

Cheers,
Valent.

I have been running a server using Fedora and before that the original releases of RH. It is now running 8. I made a software RAID of 360GB and use SAMBA to access it. I have two dozen systems that access it all the time. Each revision of the OS is loaded with the RAID disconnected. I update the distribution and connect the RAID. I configure SAMBA, usually by copying the .conf file. I made a script that copies the user info. To date I have never had a problem. I just added four 500GB drives in a software RAID 5, again not a hitch.

I have a RSYNC box that keeps that server backed up. It has been running Fedora core 2 since it was released. Again no problems.

I do not run anything else on either box and they have no other peripherals defined, just the disk, LAN and console.

So, I don't have a problem using Fedora as a server.