Re: Copying a Hard Disk Containing Windows With Fedora

jdow wrote:
Markus, since you are so insistent I will be triply redundant -

You absolutely MUST copy block zero, at the very least, as well as the
partition you want copied. It is best to copy the entire disk. Copying
only one partition is not necessarily workable for a boot partition.
It MAY work for a data only partition; but, I have seen indications of
failures in this regard.

A valid boot in the MBR is needed, but why do you think it needs to be the one from the original disk? AFAIK any Windows boot will work, and both lilo and grub can boot MS partitions.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>