Re: Evolution (again)

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 01:14 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2008, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 23:23 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Greetings all;
> >>
> >> How do I go about making FF3b4 use kmail for its default email agent when
> >> the link clicked on is of the form "mailto: name@FQDN"?
> >>
> >> I did have it using kmail (I use only kde), but some update seems to have
> >> undone me and I can't find any mention of Evolution in the control center
> >> settings, nor in FF's about:config.  I can't just remove evolution as it
> >> takes aabout 500 megs worth of other stuff I do use with it & that sucks a
> >> very high vacuum IMO.
> >>
> >> I've been looking for it for about 2 hours now.  Somebody please throw me
> >> a lifesaver...
> >
> >Gnome Control Center->Preferred Applications->Mail Reader. Note that it
> >has nothing to do with FF as such; it's a desktop setting.
> >
> >poc
>
> As I said, I'm running kde, and there is no such thing in its control center.
> In "control center->kde components->Email client" screen, the use kmail
> button is checked.  For FF3b4, no effect.

Ah! Gene! But there is such a thing, it's just a little obscure. Lemme
see here, aha! Found it: go into control center to:
KDE Components --> Components Chooser --> Email Client --> check Use
different email client --> enter "evolution" (all lower case) in the
box. Click "apply" in the lower right hand of the page and you're set.
I also have "mozilla-firefox" enabled in "Web Browser" on the same page
in Component Chooser.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar