Re: A weired system.

Timothy Murphy wrote:
pursley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

You know, I don't know what it is but my system just seems to be
behaving very strange.  I'm only commenting on this and am not really
expecting a response but thought I'd like to share my frustrations.

    1)  I couldn't synch my Palm via USB cable even though I had all the
    right software and setting installed and it turned out to be a
    mystery setting that hardly anyone was having problems with.  - Now
    fixed.

    2)  Every now and then, when I print documents, they get sent to the
    que and then disappear without a trace, or an error for that matter.

    3)  Even though FC8 seems to install the ability to get an icon when
    something is in the que, mine never worked and therefor never knew
    it was suppose to be there.  In fact, absolutely *NONE* of the
    standard ways of viewing the que from Xwindows worked.  Now, for no
    reason at all by poking around looking at the info on them and
    without changing any settings, suddenly it's started working after
    rebooting.  Go figure!

    4)  I occasionally have non-Linux partitions unmounting
    automatically with no error given or manual assistance.

    5)  ...and other idiotic things that happen occasionally.

I'm starting to feel the urge to ask the question, "Is Linux stable
anymore?"  Since I get the sense that no one else is having these
problems and more I wonder if I'm losing my mind....

You seem to me to be raising 3 or 4 completely unrelated issues,
none of which are very clearly described.
I'm sure you would be better off dealing with them separately.

As I stated in my original message, I wasn't looking for them to get fixed, I was just venting my frustration over the kinds of things that have been happening. I'm dealing with issues separately but felt the need just to vent. I do feel much better now.

Bradley