vmware mouse issues...

        Hello,

I am running (testing) Fedora Core 8 under VMware Workstation 6.0.2 in Windows XP. For a variety of reason I often have to access my VMware Workstation using RDP (Remote Desktop). When I do this the mouse is extremely jerky and non-responsive. This is a known problem when using RDP and it solved in a variety ways for different clients:

1)      When running a Windows client in VMware you solve this by disabling “Pointer Shadows” in the Mouse Properties.

2)      In OpenSuse 10.3 KDE I can fix this by telling KDE to use the “System Theme as the “Cursor Theme”.

3)      In OpenSuse 10.3 Gnome, it seems to work out of the box.

The problem is that I do not know how to figure out how to fix this in Fedora Core 8. In FC8 KDE I can select “No theme” or “System theme” and it does not fix the problem. Under FC8 Gnome I cannot figure out how to set the cursor theme at all (where do I find this?).

Anyone know how to fix this problem in FC8? I realize that there are alternative solutions like using VNC.

Sincerely,

-          henrik