Tim Waugh wrote:
On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 11:31 +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
You should probably say how you're trying to do that, and what with.
For example: lpr -o portrait image.jpg
There is no such option with the CUPS filters.  Try:

lpr -o landscape=false image.jpg
Oh, I see. Yes, that prints portrait but it doesn't explain why "lpr image.jpg"
prints landscape.
The cups Users Manual under orientation only shows how to print landscape: "lpr
-o landscape". I therefore assumed analogously that you could use "portrait"
obviously without effect and "landscape=false" wasn't even mentioned. Maybe I
should print a new version of that manual. Anyway "lpr image.jpg" does print
landscape so apparently that option has been set as a default. I just wonder
where that may be. Perhaps hardcoded somewhere. I swapped the Laserjet.ppd file
with the earlier version to no avail. Under System -> Administration -> Printing
orientation is set to "Portrait (no rotation)" which I believe should be the
default value.
What can I do more?

--
Erik.