Re: Writing to DVD+R DL

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
garys@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
 > Hello - A couple of months ago I purchased 3 Memorex DVD+R DLs.  K3b
 > assures me that my writer is capable of writing a
 > DVD+R DL yet each time I write to one ( without any error messages) the
 > finished disk is unable to be mounted. ( the error message tells me
 > there is no media to be mounted). So - the question - Are other folks
 > succeeding in writing double layer DVDs. (using fc8 and
 > k3b).                                           .......gary

 Writing with command line tools works on FC[678] just fine. Don't use
 graphical tools, since they are usually calling the command line tools
 after taking a guess at how to do what I want.

 I use both growisofs and cdrecord, that's the *real* cdrecord, not the
 old hacked version which is really woeful or some such. Use growisofs to
 start, it will do virtually everything you need to do.

I've used K3B on Memorex DVD+R DLs under F8 with no problems. My DVD
writer is an LG GSA-4163B. Have you tried mounting the DVD on another
machine, or in a normal DVD player? Do other DVDs mount correctly on
your machine?

Before I give you your answer, let me clarify a typo, when I said "Don't use graphical..." that should have been "I don't..." and was intended to clarify why I have no info on them, not as advice for you to bypass the GUI if it works for you.

And the answer is YES, I have six machines here, three DL, and I pass around stuff all the time, and occasionally write a DVD as I turn old video tapes into something current.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>