OT: Problem reading 2GB SD card

Got a new digital camera. Got a 2GB secure digital card. Filled it up with pics. When I tried to read the pics on the built-in SD slot on my laptop running FC6, I could only access about half the images. I figured I had a bad card so I bought another, from a different manufacturer as it happens. I filled the card with pics on the camera. When I tried to read it on the laptop, I could only access about half the images. I put the card back in the camera and could see all the images. This time I figured it was a software problem.

I doubt this is a Fedora problem. But I was hoping someone on the list could point me to either a solution or a search string. So far all I've come up with are forums on merchant sites.

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson