Re: Jigdo instructions, please

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> > Timothy Murphy wrote:

> >> This is my philosphy:
> >> Jigdo is an alternative to running "yum update".
> >
> > if that is your philosophy, then there is absolutely nothing i can do
> > for you.
>
> If you are going to make inane comments
> you might at least have the decency to quote honestly.
> The above lines were not adjacent.

  they most certainly were, karl, as anyone who wants to can verify
here:

 https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-February/msg02188.html

> As you know perfectly well, you have deleted the lines where I
> actually described my philosophy.

  the entirely of the rest of that post, karl, reads as follows:

"The latter takes 1 brain cell, and 2 hours of my computer's time.
Using jigdo has taken 100,000 of my brain cells so far,
and will probably take 15 minutes to run when I get it running.
Present rate of exchange: 1 brain cell = 1 hour computer time."

  there is absolutely nothing there that describes a "philosophy" in
any way, shape or form.  you might want to quit while you're ahead,
karl.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.