Re: truetype fonts in tetex, pdftex, pdflatex

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

I have the development repo TeXLive installed in F8 and it seems to work
well so far (though I haven't stressed it heavily yet).

I started with the F8 texlive repo at
        [texlive]
        name=TeXLive 2007 for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
        baseurl=http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/files/texlive/$basearch
        enabled=0
        gpgcheck=0

I believe yum install texlive will obsolete all the core tetex packages.

Then remove that repo and  update from the development repo.  (The F8
repo isn't being updated.)

One dependency bug causes the latest tetex-dvi to obsolete its
replacement xdvik in Rawhide.  You can either let that go or ignore
tetex-dvi in your regular updates.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Does microtype work in texlive?
It produces broken output for me on FC6 and F8 tetex, but
Debian Etch seems to work.

--
imalone