Re: journal commit i/o errors

Alan Cox wrote:
There's nothing logged in the logs after the journal commit error because the kernel makes the drive read-only at that point. Most of the time I'm not able to run anything either - I just get a generic "input/output" error message. I haven't tried running dmesg when the problem happens; would anything useful come out of that?

Probably yes. It will at least give a good idea of the problem. Without
that its guesswork.

The problem (finally) happened again.  I was unable to get anything via dmesg:

> dmesg
/bin/dmesg: Input/output error.

Any other suggestions on how to get more information out of this?

--
Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias@xxxxxxx
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926