Re: wpa encryption of wireless network how to?

Todd Zullinger wrote:

I have the impression that it is impossible to use the gnome gui to
encrypt this wireless connection.

That's not the case at all.  NetworkManager can establish connections
to a number of different wireless encryption setups.  First, you need
to configure your access point/router to encrypt the wireless network.
Then you can use the NetworkManager applet in Gnome (up by the clock),
to connect to your network.  You should be prompted for the passphrase
and then connected.

So, that's how it works. Thus I first install a passphrase in my router, and then I try to connect to my network and networkmanager prompts me for the passphrase. Thanks for pointing this out. I also had the impression that I got connected more quickly if I let my router broadcast its SSID. Can this be correct?